Notice: This file is archived for historical purposes only and is not being updated. Please see the index for updates.
ABOUT this information
This is a directory of information sources about online communication. It has been known worldwide as The December List since 1992 and is a comprehensive collection of information sources about the Internet and computer-mediated communication. A popular resource for Internet trainers and students to learn about the Internet, it is updated continuously. You can use this list for your reference.
This section lists information files available about this list.
- README: About the Computer-Mediated Communication information sources list, purpose, audience (http://www.december.com/cmc/info/1997/about-icmc.html)
- Add: gives you a form to search to add items this list (http://www.december.com/cmc/info/1997/add-icmc.html)
- Challenges/Web Info: Challenges for Web Information Providers, by John December; an article describing the development of the Internet-cmc information and issues for Web information providers (http://sunsite.unc.edu/cmc/mag/1994/oct/webip.html)
- Excellent: this is a list of all the excellent entries from the list (http://www.december.com/cmc/info/1997/excellent.html)
- Fair use: gives you guidelines on how I ask you to use this information (http://www.december.com/cmc/info/1997/fairuse-icmc.html)
- History: tells about the history and development of this list (http://www.december.com/cmc/info/1997/history-icmc.html)
- Index: for faster navigation, choose and bookmark this link for quick entry points to the most popular parts of this list (http://www.december.com/cmc/info/1997/)
- New: this is a list of all the new entries (http://www.december.com/cmc/info/1997/new.html)
- Printing: describes how to print a version of this list for your own use (http://www.december.com/cmc/info/1997/print-icmc.html)
- Publication Info: gives you a quick summary of the publication information about this list; pass this information along to someone who may be interested in what this list offers (http://www.december.com/cmc/info/1997/info.txt)
- Search: gives you a form to search for items this list (http://www.december.com/cmc/info/1997/search-icmc.html)
- Symbols: describes symbols that you will find in the hypertext version of this list (http://www.december.com/cmc/info/1997/symbols-icmc.html)
- Updated: this is a list of all the updated entries (http://www.december.com/cmc/info/1997/updated.html)
- Using: describes purpose, notes, how to use the segmented hypertext format of this information (http://www.december.com/cmc/info/1997/use-icmc.html)
This list is a comprehensive collection of information sources about the Internet and computer-mediated communication.
You can follow the links below to find out more about it and how to use it.
- Database: the database from which I generate this information, warning--this is a LARGE file (http://www.december.com/cmc/info/1997/internet-cmc.dat)
- HTML 1 BIG (!) page: HTML version of this information on one big page (http://www.december.com/cmc/info/1997/internet-cmc.html)
- HTML segmented: HTML version of this information in a web of pages divided by section, sub-section, and sub-sub-section (http://www.december.com/cmc/info/1997/index.html)
These are the other formats for this information.