Notice: This file is archived for historical purposes only and is not being updated. Please see the index for updates.
- Gold in Networks!: a description of gold nuggets in the network, by J. Martin (ftp://nic.merit.edu/documents/fyi/fyi10.txt)
- GlobalCenter Tour: A tour of the Internet from Global Village Communications (http://www.globalvillage.com/gcweb/tour.html)
- Hitchikers Guide: describes the Internet (circa September 1989), by Ed Krol (ftp://nic.merit.edu/documents/rfc/rfc1118.txt)
- What is the Internet?: by Krol and Hoffman (ftp://nic.merit.edu/documents/fyi/fyi20.txt)
- Xerox Video: An Overview of the Internet and World-Wide Web, by Xerox Palo Alto Research Center (http://pubweb.parc.xerox.com/hypertext/wwwvideo/wwwvideo.html)
- Internet Index: The Internet Index, a list of interesting facts about the Internet [Inspired by `Harper's Index'], by Win Treese (http://www.openmarket.com/intindex/)
- New User's Questions: answers questions commonly asked by new users, by Malkin and Marine (ftp://nic.merit.edu/documents/fyi/fyi4.txt)
- Archive.org: an organization to archive the Internet's contents such as the World Wide Web and Usenet to provide historians, researchers, scholars, and others access to this vast collection of data, and ensuring the long-term storage of the information. (http://www.archive.org)
- Internet birthday: happy 25th, Internet (http://www.amdahl.com/internet/events/inet25.html)
- Internet History/ISOC: Internet Society's collection of Internet history (http://www.isoc.org/internet-history)
- Internet Timeline: events in the history of the Internet by Robert H'obbes' Zakon (http://info.isoc.org/guest/zakon/Internet/History/HIT.html)
- Netizen Anthology: The Netizens and the Wonderful World of the Net--an anthology, Ronda Hauben, Michael Hauben (http://www.columbia.edu/~hauben/project_book.html)
If you are a new user of the Internet, or are providing instruction for new users, these resources will help show users the potential of the Internet and to provide them with introductory information.