Notice: This file is archived for historical purposes only and is not being updated. Please see the index for updates.
: TECHNOLOGY--Networks--Statistics and Demographics
- Cyberatlas: a collection of information about Internet statistics and demographics; includes detailed analysis of demographic surveys; for example, looking at A. C. Neilsen's work on Internet demographics; includes quick facts such as registered domains; in general, fairly thorough and easy to use; well worth a stop to see what the current trends are in Internet technology use (http://www.cyberatlas.com)
- GVU's WWW User Surveys: Graphics, Visualization, and Usability Center is a research center affiliated with Georgia Institute of Technology's (Atlanta, Georgia, USA) College of Computing; these surveys characterize Web users according to general demographics, Web/Internet use, purchasing behavior, and other characteristics; five surveys have been conducted since 1994 (http://www.cc.gatech.edu/gvu/user_surveys/)
- Internet Domain Survey: tells about hosts on the Internet and the domain name system; includes an index to related sites (http://www.nw.com/zone/WWW/top.html)
- Internet Growth: charts showing the Internet's past and projected growth, by Texas Internet Consulting (ftp://tic.com/matrix/growth/internet/)
- Internet Growth/Lottor: Internet Growth (1981-1991) (ftp://nic.merit.edu/documents/rfc/rfc1296.txt)
- NSFnet stats/GVU Center: the US National Science Foundation backbone for the Internet is gone, but Georgia Tech's Graphics, Visualization, and Usability Center NSFNET Backbone Statistics Page contains graphs of statistics; interesting look at how the Internet grew up until April 1995 (http://www.cc.gatech.edu/gvu/stats/NSF/merit.html)