Notice: This file is archived for historical purposes only and is not being updated. Please see the index for updates.
This list is an organized set of information sources about communication online, or the area of study called computer-mediated communication. I call the organization of this list "segmented" hypertext because it has been generated from a database to create "segments" (pages), containing the same information, but of varying length to allow for flexible browsing and retrieval. You have access to the information on this list in a variety of segment sizes---either entire sections, sub-sections, or sub-sub-sections. Similarly, the table of contents can be viewed at varying levels of detail.
On every page you'll find a table with these options:
- icon takes you to the index page of the list.
- Table of contents:
- 1-level This shows the headers for just the sections; clicking on a section titles will bring up a page with all the text for that section.
- 2-level This shows the headers for the sections and sub-sections; clicking on of the sub-section titles will bring up a page with only the text for that sub-section. In this same list, the section titles are available, which will give you all the text for the entire section.
- 3-level This shows the headers for sections, sub-sections, and sub-sub-sections. Clicking on a sub-sub-section title will bring up a page with only the text for that sub-sub-section. In this list, the sub-section and section titles are available, and work just as described above.
- Search A form for searching the entire database.
- Add A form for suggesting an addition to the database.
You'll see symbols throughout the list to alert you to new, updated, or excellent resources.
You can print out copies of this list for paper use.
Feel free to use this list online for any purpose; I have some fair use guidelines about using this list.