Please query email@example.com with the subject line cmc-mag if you would like to submit an article for publication.
This page gives links to general instructions that have been given to potential writers in the past, including information on editorial policy, style guidelines, audience definition, and identity definition.
Submissions were accepted by electronic mail only (either in full text or by sending a URL of the material on the author's site). No submissions on paper are accepted.
Submitting News, Opinion, Features, Reviews, or other ItemsCMC Magazine welcomes submission of news, features, and opinion. Query the editor first before submitting feature or opinion pieces. Send submissions or press releases about events, new resources, new technologies, book reviews, review copies of books or software, or other information to the editor.
- Deadline: generally, try to get material in by the 1st of the month preceeding the target publication month.
- Style/format/length: see style guidelines.
- Editing : see editorial policy.
- Acceptance: our final acceptance of a manuscript for publication will come only with publication--and is contingent on the final manuscript fitting the identity as well as the style of the magazine. In all cases, we try to reject material that we feel will not fit our needs as early in the submission process as possible, but we reserve the right to reject material up until the time of publication, or to not publish material even after development editing.
- Copyright: You give the publisher permission
to publish your article in the magazine (and thus the publisher
owns the first printing rights for your article).
If you wish to own the copyright after this
initial publication, place, at the bottom of your article:
Copyright © 1994 Mary Smithwith the condition that you give the publisher the right to "store and serve" your article in the magazine's archive.
- Payment: CMC Magazine cannot usually pay writers, contributors, correspondents, staff, or editors. The goal is to generate advertising so that contributors can be paid.
Submitting Letters to the Editor (MBOX)Letters to the editor are welcome on any issues raised by or relating to the coverage area of CMC Magazine. Please have as a subject line, "letter to the editor" to indicate that your note is intended for publication. Sending material as a letter to the editor will be considered permission to use the letter in full or in part in the magazine, including the author's name and electronic mail address. Letters should be short and include information helpful to verifying the identity of the sender, such as a daytime phone number, institutional affiliation, or postal address. The editor reserves the right to edit letters, to verify the identity of the sender, or to not print letters. The letters to the editor section is not meant to be a "discussion area" (there are online forums for this), but as a means to share feedback about issues the magazine raises.
Submitting News Releases, Discussion, and other ItemsItems of interest---either in the form of resources or current debates, unusual threads of discussion, or resources that are breaking new ground on the Nets are welcome. These items must relate to some aspect of CMC. Create a short blurb in HTML text and send it to the editor.
Last revision: 2003-08-10 by firstname.lastname@example.org.