Information - Places - Web sites for browsing Internet content
Access information about geographic regions and countries; these sites give you comprehensive information about world nations, including statistics, travel information, and information about local life.
- CIA World Factbook: US Central Intelligence Agency reference; this online reference work presents the countries of the world; the entries summarize the country, including its people, government, economy, communications, transportation, military, and issues
- Nations of the World: listings summarizing the nations of the world provided by the US Library of Congress; entries provide an overview of the countries, including governing documents such as the constitutions, links to government Web sites, legal guides, and general sources
- GeoHive: Global statistics on places; population, historical, urban, area, provinces, counties, nations
- Lonely Planet: travel portal; information about countries around the world; travel advice, news, products, guides, travel planning and sales
- Yelp: local reviews by users; covers world cities; users provide reviews of restaurants, bars, stores, services, museums, and more; originated in the USA in 2004
- Virtual Tourist: worldwide travel community; travelers and locals share travel advice and experiences
- USA Places: Selected USA cities and regions profiled on december.com; these are my indexes of locations of interest in the USA; a compact table provides annotated links to the major Web sites relating to current conditions, facts, activities, events, attractions, sports, government, media, schools, commerce, and guides; areas covered include Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Denver, Minneapolis-St Paul, Madison WI, Milwaukee, Chicago, The Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Miami, Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York City, and The Capital District of New York State
- WalkScore: scores locales based on how many features are nearby; helps you judge the walkability of a place; find a walker's paradise!
Is something missing or incorrect? Suggestion? Please send a note to email@example.com with the subject info-surf