Notice: This file is archived for historical purposes only and is not being updated. Please see the index for updates.
- MU types: a discussion of differnet kinds of MU*s, by Eli Burke (http://csugrad.cs.vt.edu/soc/mud_types.html)
- MUD FAQ: frequently asked questions and answers about MUDs (ftp://ftp.math.okstate.edu/pub/muds/misc/mud-faq/)
- MUD Archive: documents pertaining to the history of MUDS, by Lauren P. Burka (http://www.ccs.neu.edu/USER/lpb/muddex.html)
- MUD resources: includes many resources, documentation, general information, by Lydia Leong (http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~lwl/mudinfo.html)
- MUD research: includes archives of Notes, Papers (archives from MIT, MediaMOO, Xerox PARC), and References (gopher://actlab.rtf.utexas.edu/11/MUD/Research)
- MUD/Lysators: Info about Lysators MUDs, and MUDs in general (http://www.lysator.liu.se:7500/nobw/mud/main.html)
- MediaMoo: example of a MOO at MIT's Media Lab (telnet://purple-crayon.media.mit.edu:8888)
- Diversity University: example of MOO used for education (telnet://erau.db.erau.edu:8888)
- Moo/Web-JHM: Jay's House Moo, a Moo with some Web access and interaction (http://jh.ccs.neu.edu:7043)
- Moo/Web(forms)-WAXWEB: Mosaic users can interact with a Moo (http://bug.village.virginia.edu)
- mmMoo: multimedia MOO (http://www.peg.apc.org/~firehorse/mmm/mmm.html)
- Moo Gopher blurb: a short description of Moo gopher at Jay's House Moo (ftp://mailbase.ac.uk/pub/lists/unite/files/jays_house.txt)
- Moo info: a collection of MOO information, answers, documentation, paper archives (gopher://actlab.rtf.utexas.edu/11/MUD/MOO)
- Moo papers/Xerox: a collection of information and papers about Moos (ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/pub/MOO)
- Moo papers/MIT: information and papers from MIT Lab's MediaMOO (ftp://media.mit.edu/pub/MediaMOO)
- Yahoo List: (http://www.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Games/MUDs__MUSHes__MUSEs__MOOs__etc_/)
- MUD Announcements: an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup for general announcements related to MU*s (news:rec.games.mud.announce)
- MUD Administration: an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup for MU* administration issues (news:rec.games.mud.admin)
- MUD Miscellaneous: an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup for miscellaneous MU* issues (news:rec.games.mud.misc)
MU = Multiple-User Dialogue/Domain/Dungeon and variants
Definition: MUs are real-time interaction systems (usually text) traditionally used for social role-playing.
Note: Variants include MUD, MUCK, MUSH, MUSE, MOO.
Definition: A MOO is an object-oriented Multiple User Dialogue (MUD).