Notice: This file is archived for historical purposes only and is not being updated. Please see the index for updates.
- Archie description: archie - An Electronic Directory Service for the Internet, by Deutsch, Emtage, and Heelan (ftp://archie.ans.net/pub/archie/doc/whatis.archie)
- Archie manual page: reference manual page for archie (ftp://archie.ans.net/pub/archie/doc/archie.man.txt)
- Archie via telnet: a telnet demo of archie (telnet://firstname.lastname@example.org) Login as : archie
- Archie via gopher: a collection of information and links about archie, from Texas A and M University (gopher://gopher.tamu.edu/11/.dir/archie.dir)
- Archie via WWW: List of Hypertext Archie Servers (ArchiePlex), by Martijn Koster (http://web.nexor.co.uk/archie.html)
- Archie via Unix: Unix command line for hosts with installed archie client, search for STRING: unix archie -s STRING
- Archie via email: use archie via email: mail email@example.com Body: "help"
Definition: Archie locates files at anonymous FTP sites by filename (or string expression) search.