Notice: This file is archived for historical purposes only and is not being updated. Please see the index for updates.
- FTP: File Transfer Protocol (ftp://nic.merit.edu/documents/rfc/rfc0959.txt)
- FTP FAQ: Anonymous FTP Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) List (ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-group/news.answers/ftp-list/faq)
- FTP Interface: look at ftp site lists (http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/ftp-interface.html)
- FTP via Unix: Unix command for ftp, once in, type help: unix ftp
- FTP via email: get files at anonymous ftp sites via email.: mail firstname.lastname@example.org Body: "help"
- FTP via telnet: site at Univ of IA (telnet://grind.isca.uiowa.edu)
- File Compression: File compression, archiving, and text<->binary formats, by David Lemson (ftp://ftp.cso.uiuc.edu/doc/pcnet/compression)
- FTP setup: (ftp://cert.org/pub/tech_tips/anonymous_ftp)
- Internet and FTP: an article on the client/server computing environment of the Internet. Illustrates IP Addresses and Domain Names. Defines File Transfer Protocol, or FTP. Explains mirror sites and anonymous FTP servers. Compares the directory and file structure of FTP servers to that of PC's and Macinstosh computers. Displays some FTP software, WS_FTP for the PC, and Fetch for the Macintosh. Illustrates the way to write FTP information in messages and web pages. (http://www.islandnet.com/~tmc/html/articles/ftp.htm)
Definition: FTP retrieves or puts copies of files at remote FTP sites.