Civic - Government - Local - New York, New York, USA
- NYC.gov: Portal for NYC government information; provides details on government, services, agencies, and Office of the Mayor
- Police: New York City Police Department; NYPD; "New York's Finest"
- Fire: New York City Fire Department; FDNY; "New York's Bravest"
- Advocate: The Public Advocate for the City of New York; an independently elected citywide official, who answers complaints about people's problems with city government, investigates agencies and programs, proposes solutions, and helps communities gain access to government
- Council: New York City Council; the lawmaking body of the City of New York; consists of 51 members from 51 different Council Districts in the five boroughs; monitors city agencies, makes land use decisions and has sole responsibility for approving the city's budget; legislates on a range of subjects
- Comm Bds: Community Boards; a list of Community Boards by borough, and police precincts, sorted by Community Board number
- Fraud Report: Report fraud against the City of NY and you may be entitled to a monetary reward; based on the New York City False Claims Act which allows people who file with evidence of fraud against the City of New Tork to be eligible to get money in return; qui tam pro domino rege quam pro se ipso in hac parte sequiter
- Voting: Board of Elections in the City of New York; includes information on how to register, where to vote, when to vote, and who is on the ballot
Is something missing or incorrect? Please send a correction