- Page xxviii:
An alternate URL for the book support site is:
http://www.december.com/works/hcu.html; this is a mirror of the site at RPI, and it should be less busy.
- CD: The Web planning form (Postscript, 26,248 bytes) was left off the disk.
- CD See Mark Ginsburg's support site to pick up some of the Perl code that was left off the CD.
- Page 191:
toward the bottom of the page, level 3, drawbacks (last
point under level 3):
- change the < to <
- change the > to >
so the parenthetical phrase should read:
(for example, the <BLINK> tag).
- Chapter 28: separate page available
- Page 435: edgarlib files look.pl and cgi-lib.pl are not on the CD. Pick these up at http://edgar.stern.nyu.edu/adv-soft/book.html
- Page 789: the Mozilla HTML Extensions: Tag <BODY>, it says Bcolor="#RRGGBB" This should read BGcolor="#RRGGBB".
- Page 24: The FTP Server on the lower right should be labeled a Gopher server.
- Page 154: (cosmetic) the Weblint Warning Messages should all be left aligned on the same position; The URL of the validation service changed to: http://www.webtechs.com/html-tk/
- Page 159: The URL of Vannevar Bush's article changed to: http://www.isg.sfu.ca/~duchier/misc/vbush/
- Page 164: As mentioned in the text: EVERY package should been looped; It should say: "4. A package of resources, which contains." "A package of research center home pages (from 4)" should be left aligned at the same position as "A package of online information resources, which contains."
- Page 172: 16th line from the bottom: "though" -> "through"
- Page 176: Chapter "The Uneven Page" second line: "Figure 7.10" -> "Figure 7.11"
- Page 181: 4th chapter second line: "though" -> "through"
- Page 306: 2nd line in "The SELECT element:": "scollable" -> "scrollable"
- Page 310: 11th line: "simpleform.cg" -> "simpleform.cgi"
- Page 366: 2nd line: delete "language" before "programming"
- Page 376: 3rd line below the table: "connot" -> "cannot;" 6th line below the table: closing bracket is missing
- Page 381: In the right picture box: "Web client" -> "Web server"
- Page 383: The activities in the picture should have a numbering scheme as it is in the following description and not an alphabetical one
- Page 639, Chapter 27: C-Based Gateway Scripting (Michael Perry): updates, corrections, and source code are available
- Page 652:
In "getline," the line reading
- Page 653:
In "send_fd," the lines reading
c=fgetc(6) and if(feof(6))should read
c=fgetc(f) and if(feof(f))
- Page 796: 11th row from the bottom: Description "Capital A, ring" -> "Capital A, dieresis or umlaut mark;" 10th row from the bottom: Description "Capital A, dieresis or umlaut mark" -> "Capital A, ring"