This book presents Java(tm)'s technical features, how Java works with the Web, examples of Java applications, how to use the HotJava browser, and the basics of the Java language, programming design, and implementation. Using information from the book support site, you can obtain updates, source code, and more information.
A larger image of the book's cover (112,034 bytes) is available.
- Title: Presenting Java
- Author: John December
- Publication Date: September 20, 1995 (the first book published about Java)
- Length: 207 pages
- ISBN: 1-575-21039-8
- Price: US$25, CAN$34.95, £22.95 Net UK
- Publisher: Sams.Net Publishing (Indianapolis, Indiana, USA), an imprint of of Macmillan Computer Publishing (which is part of VIACOM).
- Book support site: http://www.december.com/works/java.html
- For online orders, connect to Amazon.com to instantly order this book online
- You can call Macmillan Publishing at 1(800)428-5331; Direct calls 1-317-581-3547. The fax is 1-317-581-5880. Macmillan also has international distributors.
- Presenting Java is available in many (physical world) bookstores, including Borders, Media Play, Barnes & Noble, Waldenbooks, CompUSA, and many others.
- This book is also available in Japanese (Tokyo: Prentice-Hall Japan), Spanish (Mexico: Prentice Hall Hispanoamericana), German (Haar bei München, Germany: Markt und Technik), Korean, Chinese, Italian, and Hebrew.
A full table of contents is available.
* Java and HotJava are trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. The Java/HotJava marks indicate Sun as the technology source. The book, Presenting Java, is not sponsored or licensed from Sun.