This book presents an overview of HTML markup and gateway programming (CGI) as well as web content development, including processes of planning, analysis, design, implementation, promotion, and innovation. The coverage of gateway programming includes discussion of fundamentals and techniques, with an emphasis on implementation in Perl.
The stress in the first part of this book is on the theoretical and conceptual issues of web development (such as planning, analysis, and design). Therefore this book isn't just an HTML "tag reference," but a book that will build your understanding of the Web as a new medium for communication and your process skills in developing Web information. Real-world case studies are included, and you'll also gain a great deal of knowledge in HTML, gateway programming, and web development technologies and techniques.
A larger image of the book's cover (79,139 bytes) is available.
- Title: HTML 3.2 & CGI Unleashed, Professional Reference Edition
- Authors: John December and Mark Ginsburg, with chapter contributors in key areas.
- Publication Date: September 21, 1996
- ISBN: 1-57521-177-7
- Price: US$59.99, CAN$84.95, £54.95 Net UK (inc of VAT)
- Physical: 1,321 pages hardcover bound + CD-ROM (which includes full text of books Java Unleashed and Netscape 3 Unleashed)
- Weight: 6.62 lbs (3.00 kg)
- Publisher: Sams.net Publishing (Indianapolis, Indiana, USA), an imprint of of Macmillan Computer Publishing (which is part of VIACOM).
- Web support site: http://www.december.com/works/hcu.html
- For online orders, connect to Amazon.com to instantly order this book online
- You can call Macmillan Publishing at 1(800)428-5331; Direct calls 1-317-581-3547. The fax is 1-317-581-5880. Macmillan also has international distributors.
- HTML & CGI Unleashed is available in many (physical world) bookstores, including Borders, Media Play, Barnes & Noble, Waldenbooks, CompUSA, and many others.
A full table of contents is available.