Notice: This file is archived for historical purposes only and is not being updated. Please see the index for updates.
- The American Center for the Study of Distance Education (1992). Computer-mediated communication for distance education. University Park, PA: The Pennsylvania State University.
- Burge, Elizabeth (1992). Computer Mediated Communication and Education: A Selected Bibliography. Toronto, Ontario: Distance Learning Office, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, 252 Bloor St W, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1V6.
- Romiszowski, A. J. (1992). Computer-mediated communication: a selected bibliography. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Educational Technology Publications.
LOC: Library of Congress card catalog (copy at DRA.COM) (telnet://dra.com)
------ Lists of books
- Internet Books: Unofficial Internet Book List, by Kevin Savetz (http://www.northcoast.com/savetz/booklist/)
- Internet business books: (http://arganet.tenagra.com/Tenagra/books.html)
There are many,many books about the Internet. Check out the lists of books here for oneline support sites for some books; for a longer list, check the Libarary of Congress card catalog or your bookstore.
----- Finding Internet books
- LOC: Library of Congress card catalog (copy at DRA.COM) (telnet://dra.com)
- Aboba, Bernard. (1994). The Online User's Encyclopedia. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley.
- Adams, Rick and Frey, Donnalyn. (1993). !%@:: A Directory of Mail Addressing and Networks, 3rd Ed. Sebastopol, CA: O'Reilly and Associates.
- Black, Uyless. (1993). Computer Networks: protocols, standards, and interfaces, 2nd end. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: PTR Prentice-Hall.
- Kessler, Gary C. (1990). ISDN: concepts, facilities, and services. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- LaQuey, Tracy L., ed. (1990). The User's Directory of Computer Networks. Bedford, MA: Digital Press.
- Li, Xia and Nancy B. Crane. (1993). Electronic style: a guide to citing electronic information. Westport, CT: Meckler.
- McClure, Charles R., Ann P. Bishop, Philip Doty, and Howard Rosenbaum. (1991). The National Research and Education Network (NREN): Research and Policy Perspectives. Norwood, NJ: Ablex.
- Motorola Codex. (1992). The Basics Book of Information Networking. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley.
- Quarterman, John S. (1990). The Matrix: Computer Networks and Conferencing Systems Worldwide. Bedford, MA: Digital Press.
- Staple, Gregory C., Ed. (1993+). TeleGeography. email@example.com: TeleGeography, Inc.
- Berge, Zane L. and Mauri P. Collins. (1994). Computer-Mediated Communication and the Online Classroom. 3 volumes. Cresskill, NJ: Hampton Press.
- Chesebro, James W. and Donald G. Bonsall. (1989). Computer-mediated communication: human relationships in a computerized world. Tuscaloosa: University of Alabama Press.
- Rob Kling, Rob, Ed. (1995). Computerization and Controversy: Value Conflicts and Social Choices. 2nd Ed. San Diego, CA: Academic Press.
- Dutton, William H, Jay G. Blumler, Kenneth L. Kraaemer, Eds. (1987). Wired Cities: Shaping the Future of Communications. Boston, MA: G.K. Hall and Company.
- Ess, Chares, ed. (1995). CyberThoughts: Philosophical Perspectives on Computer-Mediated Communication. Albany, NY: State University of New York Press.
- Gattiker, U. E., ed. (1992). Technology-mediated communication. Berlin; New York: W. de Gruyter.
- Gilder, George. (1994). Telecosm. New York: Simon and Schuster.
- Harasim, Linda M. (1993). Global networks: computers and international communication. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Harasim, L. M., Hiltz, S. R., Teles, L., and Turoff. M. (1994). Learning networks: a field guide. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Hiltz, Starr Roxanne and Murray Turoff. (1993). The Networked Nation: Human Communication via Computer. Rev. Ed. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Jones, Steven G., ed. (1995). Cybersociety: Computer-Mediated Communication and Community. Thousand Oaks: Sage.
- Lea, Martin, ed. (1992). Contexts of computer-mediated communication. New York: Harvester Wheatsheaf.
- Mantovani, Giuseppe (1996). New communication environments, from everyday to virtual. Bristol, PA: Taylor and Francis.
- Mason, Robin and Anthony Kaye., eds. (1989). Mindweave: Communication, Computers, and Distance Education. New York: Pergamon Press.
- Rapaport, Matthew. (1991). Computer mediated communications : bulletin boards, computer conferencing, electronic mail, and information retrieval. New York: Wiley.
- Rheingold, Howard. (1993). The virtual community: homesteading on the electronic frontier. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley.
- Rheingold/VC book: the full text of the book 'The Virtual Community' by Howard Rheingold (http://www.well.com/www/hlr/vcbook/)
- Shea, Virginia (1994). Netiquette. Info@albion.com: Albion Books.
- Sproull, Lee and Sara Kiesler. (1991). Connections: New Ways of Working in the Networked Organization. MIT Press.
A selected listing of particularly useful paper books.