Notice: This file is archived for historical purposes only and is not being updated. Please see the index for updates.
- Comm studies: communications related groups from Directory of Scholarly Electronic Conferences (gopher://una.hh.lib.umich.edu/00/inetdirsstacks/commun%3afehrmann)
- Computers: Listserv lists related to Computers, from InfoMagnent (http://www.clark.net/pub/listserv/lscmp1.html)
- Education: education-related discussion groups and electronic journals (http://k12.cnidr.org:90/lists.html)
- Internet and Bitnet: Listserv lists related to Internet and Bitnet, from InfoMagnent (http://www.clark.net/pub/listserv/lslsbn1.html)
- Library: Library-Oriented Lists and Electronic Serials, compiled by Steve Bonario, SBonario@uh.edu and Ann Thornton, AThornton@uh.edu, Systems Librarians, University of Houston (gopher://info.lib.uh.edu/00/tools/netinfo/library)
WWW List of Lists: lists of mailing lists and Usenet groups on topics related to the World Wide Web, by Brian Kelly (http://www.leeds.ac.uk/ucs/WWW/WWW_mailing_lists.html)
----- Main Discussion/information lists
CMC: Computer-Mediated Communication Comserve Hotline: mail email@example.com Body: "join CMC YOUR NAME"
----- Selected Discussion/information lists
- Commnet research: social scientific research on community networks by providing a forum for the discussion and sharing of research methods, resources, and data: mail firstname.lastname@example.org Body: "subscribe commnet-research YOUR NAME"
- Cybermind: the philosophical and psychological implications of subjectivity in cyberspace: mail email@example.com Body: "subscribe cybermind YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS"
- EduTel: Comserve Hotline use of computers in education: mail firstname.lastname@example.org Body: "join edutel YOUR NAME"
- EDTECH: Educational Technology: mail email@example.com Body: "subscribe EDTECH YOUR NAME"
- IAMCRNet: Comserve Hotline International Association for Mass Communication Research Network: mail firstname.lastname@example.org Body: "join IAMCRNet YOUR NAME"
- CNI-DIRECTORIES: Coalition for Networked Information Directories.: mail email@example.com Body: "sub CNI-DIRECTORIES YOUR NAME"
- InterNIC Net Happenings: conferences, publications, political news, resources, newsletters, etc.: mail firstname.lastname@example.org Body: "sub net-happenings YOUR NAME"
- IPCT-L: The Interpersonal Computing and Technology List, issues in education, especially networking and computing.: mail email@example.com Body: "sub IPCT-L YOUR NAME"
- IPCT Gopher: (gopher://guvm.ccf.georgetown.edu/11/LISTSERV)
- IRVC-L: foster, encourage, advance, and communicate research on virtual culture: mail firstname.lastname@example.org Body: "sub IRVC-L YOUR NAME"
- MediaMOO: (telnet://purple-crayon.media.mit.edu:8888)
- MEDIA-L: Media in Education: mail email@example.com Body: "subscribe MEDIA-L YOUR NAME"
- MBU: Megabyte University (Computers and Writing): mail firstname.lastname@example.org Body: "sub MBU-L YOUR NAME"
- MBU FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions about Megabyte University (http://daedalus.com/MBU/MBU.intro.html)
- NETTRAIN: a discussion list about training/support of others in using the resources available on Bitnet and Internet: mail email@example.com Body: "sub NETTRAIN YOUR NAME"
- VPIEJ-L: Electronic publishing issues, especially Scholarly Electronic Journals: mail firstname.lastname@example.org Body: "sub VPIEJ-L YOUR NAME"
There are many discussion forums related to CMC and Internet topics. Use the following specialized directories to locate a forum, or use the PAML Guide listed under Internet-Directories, above.
----- Some Lists of Discussion lists related to Internet/CMC