Notice: This file is archived for historical purposes only and is not being updated. Please see the index for updates.
- BCP: Best Current Practices, a sub-series of RFCs about topics which relate to the Internet (ftp://nic.merit.edu/documents/bcp/)
- IESG: the meeting minutes of the Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG) of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF). (ftp://nic.merit.edu/documents/iesg/)
- FYI: For Your Information-sub-series of RFCs about topics which relate to the Internet; good sources of information for beginner or training information (ftp://nic.merit.edu/documents/fyi/)
- Internet Docs: Internet Documentation (RFC's, FYI's, etc.) from InterNIC (http://ds.internic.net/ds/dspg0intdoc.html)
- Internet Drafts: draft documents to be submitted ultimately to the Internet Activities Board to be as RFCs (ftp://nic.merit.edu/documents/internet-drafts/)
- Internet Drafts Index: a list of Internet drafts with a short synopsis of each; provided by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) (http://www.ietf.cnri.reston.va.us/1id-abstracts.html)
- RFC: Request for Comments about topics which relate to the Internet (ftp://nic.merit.edu/documents/rfc/)
- RFC repositories: repositories where RFCs are located (ftp://isi.edu/in-notes/rfc-retrieval.txt)
- RFC Index: listing of Internet Request For Comments (RFC) files with a searchable index (http://ds.internic.net/ds/dspg1intdoc.html)
- RFCs via mail: Request For Comments--documents about various issues for discussion, covering a broad range of networking issues.: mail firstname.lastname@example.org Body: "help: ways_to_get_rfcs"
- STD: Internet Standards, sub-series of notes within the RFC series which document Internet standards (ftp://nic.merit.edu/documents/std/)
These are documents that play an important role in Internet communication--they establish, propose, or discuss technical features or important issues. Frequently, they document important technological developments; other series provide good information for users to find out about the Internet and its resources.