Notice: This file is archived for historical purposes only and is not being updated. Please see the index for updates.
- EARN: European Academic Research Network (http://www.earn.net)
- NEARnet: New England Academic and Research Network (ftp://nic.near.net/docs/)
- NYSERNet: New York State Education and Research Network (http://www.nysernet.org)
- RARE: Reseaux Associes pour la Recherche Europeenne, European research networks and users (http://www.rare.nl)
- RIPE: Reseaux IP Europeens (http://www.ripe.net)
- SuperJANET: Super Joint Academic Network, an advanced high speed optical fibre network linking a large number of sites within the academic community (http://gala.jnt.ac.uk)
- SURAnet: Southeastern Universities Research Association Network (ftp://ftp.sura.net/pub/README)
- TARENA: Trans-European Research and Education Networking Association, international information and telecommunications infrastructure; fromed from the merging of RARE and EARN (Oct 1994) (http://www.terena.nl)
US-FNC: United States Federal Networking Council; a forum for networking collaborations among US Federal agencies (http://www.fnc.gov)
- NICs: Network Information Centers (http://www.december.com/cmc/info/1997/internet-collections-nics.html)
These are consortia, collections of networks, or national or regional networking organizations or groups.