Barriers to Getting Educators Online, by
Denise Ethier and Jennifer Gold
- Baym, N.K. (1995). The emergence of community in computer-
mediated communication. In Steven G. Jones, Ed.
Communication and Community. California: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Casner-Lotto, J. & Assoc. (1988). Successful Training Strategies:
Twenty Six Innovative Corporate Models. California: Jossey-Bass
- Coates, J. (1993). Cyberspace Innkeeping: Building Online
- Hiltz, S.R., & Turoff, M. (1993). The Network Nation. Cambridge,
Massachusetts: The MIT Press.
- Honey, M. & Henriquez, H. (1993). Telecommunications and K-12
educators: Findings from a national survey. New York: Center for
Children and Technology, Bank Street College of Education.
- National Center for Education Statistics (1995). Advanced
Telecommunications in U.S. Public Schools, K-12. Washington, DC:
Government Printing Office.
- National Commission on Time and Learning (1994). Prisoners of
Time. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office.
- Riel, M.M. & Levin, J.A. (1990). Building electronic communities:
Success and failure in computer networking. Instructional Science,
- U.S. Congress, Office of Technology Assessment. (1995). Teachers
andTechnology: Making the Connection, OTA-EHR-616. Washington,
DC: U.S. Government Printing Office.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Educational Technology.
(1995). Making it happen: Report of the Secretary's Conference on