ROOTS - Orgs - Genealogy Information SourcesOrganizations involved in Genealogy
Is something missing or incorrect? Please send a correction.
- FGS: Federation of Genealogical Societies; a meta-society which has over 500 genealogy societies as members of FGS; includes a list links to other federations
- ASG: American Society of Genealogists; advance genealogical research standards and to encourage publication of the results
- NGS: National Genealogical Society; serves members with education and guidance in research, standards, ethics, practices, public awareness, and promotion; founded in 1903
- APG: Association of Professional Genealogists; supports professional genealogists in all phases of their work
- BCG: The Board for Certification of Genealogists; certifying body; independent organization not affiliated with, or part of, any group; no membership