Media - Periodicals - Specialized - Web sites for browsing Internet content
Web sites provide news geared to a specific subject or audience; these publications such as magazines or Web portals provide content and continuous news and information updates in specific areas.
- Bloomberg: financial markets; covers stocks, rates and bonds, currencies, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), commodities, and economic issues; personal finance; news
- CNET: technology and consumer electronics; reviews, news, downloads, video; part of CBS Interactive
- New Scientist: daily news from weekly international science magazine; current events on science and technology; not peer-reviewed; founded 1956
- Science: peer-reviewed science journal; provides news, commentary, and research; founded 1880; published by the American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Slashdot: news for nerds; breaking technology news, trends, gossip, hacks; user-submitted stories
- ESPN: sports coverage; breaking sports scores; major leagues including NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NCAA, NASCAR, Soccer, and more; headquarters Bristol, Connecticut; unit of ABC
- Barron's: weekly financial newspaper; financial news and markets; site includes market statistics, blogs, online exclusives, daily analysis
- Eonline: entertainment; daily news on entertainment and entertainers; features, gossip, music and movie reviews, live event coverage; unit of E! Entertainment Television; headquarters Los Angeles
- digg: user-generated top news; users "digg" stories elsewhere and send stories to the top of the charts in a range of categories including business, entertainment, gaming, lifestyle, offbeat, politics, science, sports, technology, and world news
- PR Newswire: press releases; provides press release services for a range of customers worldwide; news releases useful to find out about latest products and information, press, and business research; quarterly earnings reports coverage, market outlook and shopping coverage
- WWW: WhoWhatWhy; investigative journalism (forensic journalism); editor-in-chief Russ Baker
- Chronicle: The Chronicle of Higher Education; "news, information, and jobs for college and university faculty members and administrators"
- Planetizen: urban planning; covers the built environment and connected natural environments, from the smallest towns to the largest cities
- Pew: Pew Research Center; covers US politics, media and news, social trends, religion, Internet and technology, Hispanics, and global issues; explores issues, attitudes and trends; conducts public opinion polling, demographic research, media content analysis and other empirical social science research
- Space: covers space, astronomy, NASA; skywatching, webcasts, planetary exploration, videos, telescopes, etc.
Is something missing or incorrect? Suggestion? Please send a note to email@example.com with the subject info-surf