Notice: This file is archived for historical purposes only and is not being updated. Please see the index for updates.
- Gopher guide: Internet Gopher User's Guide, ed. Paul Linder (ftp://boombox.micro.umn.edu/pub/gopher/docs/)
- Gopher sources/info: gopher client/server source code, as well as general information (e.g. gopher conference, gopherMoo, etc.) (ftp://boombox.micro.umn.edu/pub/gopher/)
- Gopher demo: a session demonstrating gopher at Univ of Minnesota (gopher://gopher.micro.umn.edu)
- Gopher via telnet: (telnet://email@example.com) Login as : gopher
- Gopher via email/Japan: use a gopher via email: mail firstname.lastname@example.org Body: "help"
- Gopher via email/USA: use a gopher via email: mail email@example.com Body: "help"
- Gopher FAQ: Common Questions and Answers about the Internet Gopher, a client/server protocol for making a world wide information service, with many implementations (ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/news.answers/gopher-faq)
- Gopher-Web: Gopher in the World-Wide Web, gopher-Web interactions (gopher://gopher.ocf.berkeley.edu/00/gopher/gopher-www)
- Gopher/Veronica article: Exploring the Power of the Internet Gopher, by Lynn Ward; an article from the University of Illinois publication UIUCnet, Dec. 1992 - Jan. 1993, Vol. 6, No. 1, a newsletter covering campus networking issues (ftp://ftp.cso.uiuc.edu/doc/net/uiucnet/vol6no1.txt)
- Discussion: unmoderated Usenet newsgroup devoted to gopher (news:comp.infosystems.gopher)
Definition: Gopher provides access to resources using a graph of menus.